DENTIST IN Reidsville
COVID-19: EXTRA PRECAUTIONS WE ARE TAKING
We understand and deeply respect that you may be concerned about coronavirus in public places, even at our state-of-the-art sterilized office. Our first priority is and has always been the health and well-being of our patients. And that is a priority we take extremely seriously, even with the current disruptions we’re all experiencing.
As a dental practice, working in close quarters with the patients over so many years, we have developed heightened measures for sterilization and disinfection. Our office has always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Before you enter the examining room, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and counter tops, have been cleaned and disinfected. We cover equipment with protective covers, which are replaced after each patient. Non-disposable items like the dental tools are cleaned and sterilized between patients. Disposable dental tools and needles are never reused.
Infection control precautions also require all dental staff involved in patient care to use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team washes their hands and put on a new pair of gloves.
In light of the current situation, we wanted to also let you know of some additional precautions and safety measures we are implementing to protect our patients and dental team:
- We will be limiting the number of patients in the office and they will be spread out appropriately.
- We have invested in a new feature for our HVAC system throughout the entire building that uses a UV light to kill germs, viruses, spores, mold, etc. We have also added additional air purifiers inside the building that provide surgically clean air using a combination of HVAC filters, additional UV light and ionization.
- If you or anyone in your family has flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, aches/pains, etc.) and/or has been in contact with a person testing positive for COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO OUR OFFICE! Simply call and reschedule your appointment.
- All dental team members including doctors will be screened daily and have their temperature checked to ensure your safety. Staff members will wear masks at all times while in the building.
- For your convenience and safety, patients will be provided with the opportunity to complete all registration, insurance and payment forms online prior to the appointment.
- We kindly request for the safety of other patient and our dental team that you wear a mask or face covering when you arrive and at all times while you are in the office.
- After arriving for your appointment, please park in our parking lot and REMAIN IN YOUR CAR. Please call 336-342-089 or text our office and a dental team member will greet you at your car to take your temperature and have you complete both a screening questionnaire and medical release form.
- Each patient will have a temperature scan and use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building. All dental team members will be wearing appropriate protective gear.
- We ask that patients come to the appointment alone whenever possible. All parents and non-patients must stay in their car for the duration of the appointment. For patients who must have a companion, please notify us before your appointment. All companions will be required to provide their own mask.
- The waiting room will not be used at this time to reduce the number of people in our office at any time and to maximize physical distancing.
- We are asking all patients to use mouth rinses to reduce risk of infection before all dental procedures.
- We will utilize rubber dam isolation to minimize dental aerosols.
- For your convenience and safety, all payments will be contactless. Our office will collect any necessary co-payments at the time of scheduling via credit card or through our online payment portal at www.CaringModernDentistry.com
- We value your trust and loyalty and appreciate your patience with our new protocols. We will continue to show our usual warmth, compassion and technological standards that you have come to expect and appreciate.